Welcome to savewithsprout.com, and/or app.savewithsprout.com and/or blog.savewithsprout.com, and contest.savewithsprout.com and sproutservices.net which is the property of Sprout Financial Inc (“Sprout”). savewithsprout.com and app.savewithsprout.com and blog.savewithsprout.com and contest.savewithsprout.com and sproutservices.net set forth herein out will be referred to as “the sites.” Sprout, its partners and its affiliates provide their financial services to you subject to the following conditions. If you visit or purchase services or products from the sites, you accept these conditions. Please review them carefully. In addition, when you use any current or future Sprout service or product, or visit or purchase from any business affiliated with Sprout, whether or not it is included in the the sites website, you also will be subject to the guidelines and conditions applicable to such service or business. Note that this contains provisions that may limit your rights, such as under the section entitled “Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability”.
Terms of Service
When you visit the sites, interact with our chat bots, messenger, send e-mails to us or interact with any other type of communication we offer, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by whichever means is available to use or by posting notices on this site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
License and Site Access
Sprout grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this site, but not to download (other than page caching) or modify any portion of it except with the express written consent of Sprout. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of the sites or their contents; any collection and use of any product or service listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of the sites or their contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools. the sites or any portion of the sites may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Sprout. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to endorse any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Sprout and our affiliates without express written consent. You may not reproduce any image or depiction of the sites as it might be rendered by a web browser or otherwise without express written consent from Sprout. You may not use any meta tags or any other hidden text utilizing Sprout’s name or trademarks without express written consent. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by Sprout. You are granted a limited, revocable, and non-exclusive right to create a hyperlink to savewithsprout.com so long as the link does not portray Sprout, its affiliates, or their products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive manner. You may not use any Sprout logo or other proprietary graphic or trademark as part of the link without express written consent from Sprout.
The sites are owned and operated by Sprout and are protected by Canadian and international copyright and trademark laws. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way any material from the sites, including code and software. Unauthorized use of any portion of the sites beyond that contained in the previous paragraph may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws.
You represent and warrant: that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the material that you submit for service; that the material is accurate; that use of the material you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify Sprout and/or its affiliates for all claims resulting from material you supply. Sprout has the right but not the obligation to monitor and refuse any activity or content for any reason in its sole discretion. Sprout takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any material submitted by you or any third party.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of Liability
Sprout, its partners and affiliates attempt to be as accurate as possible. However, Sprout does not warrant that product or service descriptions, other content of this site, or its services performed for its customers are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error free. Sprouts recommendations, advice or any other content of the sites is for informational purposes. Sprout reserves the right to change the services available through the sites and their prices without any notice or liability. The sites and Sprout’s services are provided by Sprout on an “as is” and “as available” basis and at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Sprout disclaims all warranties and conditions, expressed or implied, in respect of its services and any information, content, or materials on this site, including any implied warranties or conditions of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, and non-infringement. Sprout, in its websites, including without limitation banners, graphics, and links pages, may provide links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties. Sprout does not operate, or control in any respect, any information, products, or services on these third-party sites. In no event is Sprout, its partners, its employees, independent contractors, subsidiary and parent companies, affiliates, or any third parties mentioned on the site liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct, incidental, or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data, breach of confidentiality, or business interruption) resulting from the performance of Sprout’s services, the use or inability to use the sites or the material contained on the site, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, operation of law, or any other legal theory, whether or not Sprout is advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event is Sprout liable for damages in excess of the amount paid by a customer for the service in question. Sprout has set its prices and created the sites in reliance on the limitations of liability and disclaimers of warranties and damages set forth herein, and the same form a fundamental and essential basis of the bargain between the parties. They shall apply even if the contract between you and Sprout is found to have failed in its fundamental or essential purpose or has been fundamentally breached. You specifically acknowledge and agree that Sprout is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct of any user. If you are dissatisfied with any Sprout material, or with any of Sprout’s terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using Sprout services. While we endeavor to ensure that any files originating at this site are free of known computer viruses, we make no warranty or guarantee that files are virus free, and we are not able to provide any assurances with respect to e-mail or attachments that may have originated with third parties. All recipients are cautioned to check all email, attachments, and other computer files before accessing them, and any and all risk of virus contamination is assumed by the recipient.
Sprout is committed to providing exceptional financial services at affordable prices, and we aim to provide one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the industry. However, Sprout is not obligated to refund the purchase price of any service under any circumstance unless explicitly agreed to by Sprout. If applicable, any refund will be granted within ten business days from receipt of a request. Price, terms, and availability are subject to change without notice. All prices quoted are in Canadian dollars (CAD) unless otherwise stated. Sprout, its partners and its affiliates reserve the right to limit quantities, to request payment prior to delivery of service, to refuse service, or to cancel orders at its sole discretion. Cancellation of an order by the customer may incur cancellation costs depending on how much work has been already done.
Sprout may, at its sole discretion, offer monthly invoicing arrangements to regular business and personal customers and agree to additional or modified terms for such arrangements. Unless otherwise agreed to in writing, payment is due when an invoice is rendered. Payments more than 30 days past due may be subject to administrative charges of up to $50 (CAD) and interest at a rate of 1.5% per month (19.56% APR).
If you do not provide accurate contact information, or if you do not respond promptly if we require further information, we cannot be responsible for delays in providing the service.
If you create an account and a login ID or email, a password is required. It is your responsibility to protect that information, including without limitation, to use effective passwords that are not easily guessed or discoverable, and keep login IDs, emails and passwords confidential. You are responsible for any activity that occurs under your login ID or email ID. You will advise Sprout immediately if you discover any compromise of your passwords or suspect unauthorized use of the site using your identity.
This site and this agreement is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, excluding any conflicts of law provisions and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Any legal action against Sprout shall take place in the courts of the Province of Ontario. The parties shall attorn to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Sprout may change these terms by posting notice on its site. These terms were last revised on April 4, 2019.
Because your privacy is very important to us, Sprout operates by these principles:
- The Sprout websites savewithsprout.com and app.savewithsprout.com and blog.savewithsprout.com and contest.savewithsprout.com and sproutservices.net, are the property of Sprout Financial Inc (“Sprout”). savewithsprout.com and app.savewithsprout.com and blog.savewithsprout.com and contest.savewithsprout.com and sproutservices.net set forth herein out will be referred to as “the sites.” The Sprout sites (“the sites”) are maintained by Sprout Financial Inc., 230 Runstedler Dr. La Salle ON N9J 3T1 Canada. Sprout Financial Inc. is a company federally incorporated in Canada.
- Our use of any personal information you provide to Sprout is regulated and protected by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, including Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- To the extent that Sprout collects any information from our visitors and users, whether that information is personally identifying or not, either from actively provided information, “cookies,” or our web hosting service, Sprout, its partners & affiliates, use such information only for purposes relating to providing and improving the services we offer, improving our overall systems, financial services and research. Sprout does not sell information about our users to anyone. Sprout, partners or affiliates, are bound under a Sprout NDA, partnership or affiliate agreements and will follow strict data protection guidelines set in those agreements. (For more information about cookies, see below.)
Visiting The Sites
- When you visit any of our sites, our server collects information (“server logs”) regarding the pages you request, your IP address, and the server’s success in sending you the page you requested. These server logs are used for diagnostic and maintenance purposes and to produce aggregated statistics that we may use to monitor and improve our services.
- Your web browser may accept a “session cookie” that allows the web server to associate your requests with each other and to distinguish them from the requests of other visitors. The “session cookie” is a random string of letters and numbers and contains no personally identifying information.
- Your web browser sends information “request headers” to any site you visit to let the site know what language(s) you prefer to see the site displayed in. You can control this information using the options or preferences settings in your browser software. This information is used only to serve the current request and for system diagnostics.
- When you use our Site’s search page, the search terms you requested and the top results displayed may be remembered to monitor and improve the accuracy of the search results that the search page provides. This information is not used by us for other purposes.
When Contacting Sprout
- Your personal information, including the contact details you provide, is used to respond to any email, website, postal, or telephone query you make.
- If your inquiry is about an order you have already placed, your inquiry will be correlated with the information regarding that order.
- Information regarding your query and our response may be retained to assist us in fulfilling future orders.
- Information regarding your query and our response may be used to monitor or improve our customer service procedures.
Connecting with Sprout
- We provide SSL/TLS encryption to ensure the secure transmission of your information when you use Sprout services, including your payment details and your documents. The strength of the encryption will usually be 256-bit or higher. We recommend using the latest version of your web browser software to ensure that strong encryption is supported by your browser. You accept responsibility for ensuring the activation of the security features of your browser or computer that enable it to communicate your information securely to the sites.
- When you place an order for services, we ask for the following:
- Your name, email address, and telephone number
- Your billing address
- Payment details (if you pay by credit card or electronic check)
This information is used to fulfill your order, to allow you to track your order, and to contact you if it is necessary to clarify your instructions or the process, to collect payment, or to otherwise complete your order.
- When you pay by credit card, we disclose information as required to verify your identity and to process your payment, according to the terms and conditions by which each credit card or payment system operates, only to your bank or card issuer and our bank or payment processors.
- When you pay by PayPal or another electronic payment service (epayment service), we provide information as required by the system, including your order number and the amount and currency of payment required, to the epayment service you select.
- Banks and e-payment services may monitor financial activity for legal reasons or to ensure compliance with their terms of service to you and to us. Therefore, we may occasionally provide additional details regarding your order or transaction for these purposes upon request.
- We may use information collected and provided to us by the sites where we advertise to track the success of our advertising campaigns and thereby keep our costs and prices low. This information is aggregated and, therefore, does not contain any personally identifying information.
- Information on an order received is retained after the order is completed for legal purposes, including tax, audit, and corporate records, and may also be used for customer service and order fulfillment purposes where several orders are in some way similar or related. Information may also be used for internal business, research purposes or to help enhance, evaluate, and develop our products and services, and/or to develop new products and services, such as but not limited to, developing different machine learning technologies, that will help to improve the quality of our services.
Providing Feedback to Sprout
- Your feedback is valuable. We like to know when we’ve done well and when there’s an opportunity for us to improve. The feedback and reviews you provide for completed orders will be correlated with the information regarding the order the feedback relates to. We may also contact you to respond to the feedback you provide.
- If you provide feedback through the sites, you may choose to permit us to publish it in the testimonials section of the sites and elsewhere. If you permit us to do this through the sites, we will publish the first name or nickname you provide and your general location (not your address), and we will edit your comments to remove any other personally identifying information as well as for spelling and grammar, if required.
Creating an Account with Sprout
- Creating an account is not optional. You are required to create an account to use Sprout services. When you create an account, your name, email address, and other personal information are stored for your use on future visits to our Site. You must log in to access your account.
- If you create an account, you will have access to tracking information on all orders you place.
Connecting your Bank & Financial Data
Your Account Information and all other data accessed through our Account Link feature is transmitted through secured protocols in an encrypted mode and is stored on our servers.
The Third Party which processes your information in order to add your financial data records to Sprout is Plaid Inc. You can also cancel your usage of this feature at any time by disconnecting your bank account(s). You can also delete all user data in your profile settings. Finally, you can also delete your profile by sending us your request to email@example.com, which will result in deletion and removal from our servers and Plaid Inc servers. This deletion will happen within 10 working days from confirmation of your request.
Connecting to Cloud Services
When you use Sprout services, for example to track your finances, your data is stored on our servers including income, expenses, categories, amounts, currency, labels, account type, date, time and other details provided by the user.
We do not share your personal data with any third party, unless a user decides to use services such as connecting their financial data or applying for financial products through Sprout, where personal data should be used to be able to provide selected service. Our users’ Personal Information may be visible to our technicians and IT staff when they are troubleshooting and analyzing data import errors and other technical errors that may occur during use of the services.
- Sprout may, from time to time, make use of analytics advertising features, including but not limited to remarketing, remarketing with analytics, display network impression reporting, and demographics and interest reporting. This is done via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers. If you wish to opt out of these features, you may do so through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means (for example, the NAI’s consumer opt-out). Please also see https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- Sprout may contract third parties to analyze other data provided to us, on an aggregate basis and subject to a non-disclosure agreement, for the purpose of improving our services.
- We do not share personal information or your documents with any third parties except as disclosed in this policy. We may need to disclose personal and other information we hold as a result of a legal process or for other reasons required or allowed by applicable laws. If we believe that a crime, tort, or other illegal act, including payment fraud, has taken place or is about to take place, we may voluntarily disclose relevant personal information to the police, courts, or other competent authorities.
Agents, Successors, and Assigns
Recourse and Dispute Resolution
- Any personal information you provide to Sprout is regulated by Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. You have the right to know what personal information Sprout holds about you and to request a correction of any errors or omissions therein. We reserve the right, as required by law, to ask for additional evidence of your identity to ensure that the personal information we hold is disclosed only to you. Please direct all such inquiries by post and enclose a copy of a document that confirms your identity (i.e., your driving license) to: The Data Protection and Privacy Officer, Sprout Financial Inc., 230 Runstedler Dr. La Salle ON N9J 3T1, Canada
What Is a Cookie?
Yes. Sprout uses first- and third-party cookies, in combination with pixels, local storage objects, and similar devices (collectively, “cookies” unless otherwise noted).
We do this to distinguish you from other users and to help us provide you with a good experience, improve our service, and personalize ads and content for you. Some cookies are necessary to ensure that custom services developed for users are private and secure.
You consent to the placement of cookies on your browser by us and our third-party service providers.
Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of the sites, you will need to delete and block or disable cookies via your browser settings (see below).
Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of the Site, and it may prevent you from being able to access certain features on the sites.
Changing Your Cookie Settings
The browser settings for changing your cookie settings are usually found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise, you should use the “Help” option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.